Note you do not have to be registered to use the Sport and Recreation Knowledge Library, anyone can search and view content on this site.
How to submit content
You need to register to add a profile, subscribe to daily updates, or share your knowledge with your colleagues across New Zealand.
Who can submit content?
We encourage sport and recreation practitioners, organisations, researchers, students, policy-makers and planners to share their knowledge and ideas by submitting material to the Knowledge Library.
Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article and link to, or provide, the source. Posting the entire article, even with the source, often constitutes copyright infringement.
Some rules for publication
Participation in the website constitutes agreement to the following rules, which apply to profile information, any other content on this site, and participation in general.
- Only post items to the Knowledge Library that are relevant to the scope of the site.
- In accordance with New Zealand law, do not use language that can be considered discriminatory on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual preference, nationality, age, and disability, etc.
- Your contributions must not be personally abusive. Never use threatening language or terms. Do not use swear words, or defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise illegal material.
- Do not put whole words or sentences in capital letters or make excessive use of exclamation marks.
- Do not post advertisements for commercial services.
- The person who submitted the record can delete it, as can other registered users who are listed as researchers for the record and website administrators. Please note that if you are a co-author and you would like to delete a record you are listed in, please contact and inform the lead author before deleting the record.
By submitting an item you are consenting to its display on the site. You are also agreeing to abide by the rules, take responsibility for your contributions and accept that your contributions may be edited or deleted.
The administrators of the site reserve the right to correct spelling, grammar mistakes and typographical errors in posted items, and to change any allocated tags to ensure the item appears in the correct section of the site. Items may also be edited to ensure they do not breach copyright laws.
We may amend these guidelines from time and time as the Knowledge Library community develops.
All ideas posted on the Knowledge Library express their authors’ personal point of view. The Knowledge Library and Sport NZ neither supports nor condones the content of these messages, as long as they comply with the publication rules.
When placing research ideas on the Research Ideas page remember this is a public site, so only submit ideas that you are happy to share and suggest for collaboration.
Alerting the Knowledge Library administrators to inappropriate material
It is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of a comment before it is posted. If you believe that someone is in breach of the Knowledge Library user guidelines or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please use the “Flag as inappropriate” link at the bottom of the Knowledge Library pages. Alternatively, contact the Knowledge Library team on email@example.com